Sunday, July 27, 2008

When Jim and I started seeing each other, he used to be into skiing. I tried to take it up to have something in common with him but it didn't work out. I would never take him up on his offer to teach me because he always says the way to learn it to go right up to the top...not happening.

So why would four wheeling be any different??? I suggested we bring Jacob to Sugar River, a nice flat, straight old railroad trail. Jim mentioned there was a short section of trail nearby that had a few bumps and rocky terrain for Jacob to get a little practice. Well this trail had roots, rocks, bumps and Jim doing jumps. Jacob loved it and did great. He takes after his brother and guns it whenever he sees any mud ahead. We did only go on it for a short distance and then went on to the nice and easy trail.

We had a little entertainment along the way. The kind that proves that men never grow up. We stopped by the river and two other guys stopped a few minutes later. One of them took his machine in the water a bit, we thought to check the temp (as he asked about it) and then figured out he was checking out a gash in his tire (apparently you can see the air leaking from the bubbles it makes in the water). Not being able to leave well enough alone or know when enough is enough, he decided to go a little further only to have the current take ahold of his machine and carry it and him down river a bit. His buddy had to go in, fully clothed as well, and help him get control of the machine. Thankfully, Jim had a few tow ropes and tied them together to help the guy tow his machine back through the water. A learning lesson for the boys. Unfortunately I did not bring my camera on the trail to capture the moment.
Best I could get, he was being a booger.

No comments: