We mostly used Auntie Chris' camera this week. It takes great pictures and has a great zoom. Again, I am afraid of change so I buy the same old Easyshare point and shoot digital camera. I told her to give me hers when she gets a new one. She is much more into modern technology. She had a picture phone, DVD player and Tivo all before me (I still don't have Tivo). The kids wonder why I can't rewind their shows when they miss a funny part. I still don't get how that is possible. How you can watch a show, rewind a part of it and 'catch up' to be on real time with the next show. Anyhoo, we got some great pictures but she could only send me a few. I will get more when she brings me them on a disk.
Auntie Jeanne came for a visit. It was looking like she was going to miss her first summer up in a long time, but she made it. She drove for two days from Tennessee, stopping every hour for little girl potty breaks, and picked up her step-daughter Ashley on the way. I don't know that we could have done it, but the great thing about boys is that I would be able to hand them a bottle and not stop. [I know this from experience :) ] Her girls loveeeeeee the camp and we love being there together. It was such a great visit. I love those girls. We were a group of 12 for a few days in a four room camp. We bought 2 sets of bunkbeds which helped alot. I loved having everyone around. We put the leaf in the table, set the kids up at the coffee table, staggered showers and followed the "Golden Rules". They may seem 'gross' to some, but for anyone who has a seasonal place that you want to perserve, you will understand. This saying has been passed on from my Grandmother. "If it's yellow, let it mellow...if it's brown, flush it down". We of course sit around trying to come up with others...so far we have "In this the land of fun and sun, we don't flush for number one". We do flush, just not every time.
This is getting long so I will add some pictures and then write some more when I get the other pictures. I hope you all had a fun Fourth of July.





No comments:
Post a Comment