Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Simple Minds Simple Pleasures

Sometimes you just need a little 'pick me up'. So many times you get into a rut and don't even notice. I realized that I have had the same bathroom shower curtain and window curtain since we moved into the house 6 1/2 years ago. I've wanted to change it but I am so damn picky. Also, it is extremely difficult to find sets with matching curtains. This week I went online and checked on a few sites, Bed and Bath, JCP, Target and Linens N Things. I decided to just go into Linens N Things and splurge. I told Jim I was going to spend some frivalous money. A new bathroom look wasn't a necessity but it sure is giving me a 'pick me up'. It is so bright and cheery and just makes me feel good. Honestly, it is the first thing I see clearly in the morning after I moisten my contacts with saline. They had great bright colors there and it was a pattern/color family that was carried throughout the departments so I was able to find a matching curtain in bedding that I will alter down to a valance. It even inspired me to do some much needed trim painting in there as well. Now if I could just get Jim to tile the floor.

Today was a rough day. We have had crappy weather for a few days and the boys have been inside a lot. Today they were in from start to finish and it showed. As a result, I am tired and cranky!!!! Tomorrow I have Saint Auntie Chris' help and a nail appt. That should help. I have to remember to take my own advice and remember these precious moments when I feel like I could pull my hair out. (Especially since I can not afford to lose any hair if I plan on maintaining my stylish do.)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE the new bathroom! It's funny how such little changes like that can make us so happy.

Whiting Clan said...

Im glad Im not the only one getting a little but grumpy with this weather...maybe Ill get a new curtain myself (since Luke got magic marker all over the present one.)