Monday, August 18, 2008

What have we been up to?

It's been a few days. But sometimes our life seem boring, mundane and not worth reading about. Each day I am greeted by Jacob saying, "Mommy, what can we do today?" He greets his babysitter the same way. I don't always feel like doing 'things' especially if we've had a busy day the day before. Like today. Yesterday we went to York's Wild Animal Kingdom, then to the beach and dinner. Got home @10 pm and today I'm still in my PJ's doing overtime for what didn't get done yesterday.

Auntie has been wanting to go to a zoo and we had hoped to this summer but it hasn't happened yet so I asked Jim if he wanted to go to York's. It's no zoo but they do call it one. We had a fun day. Jim told the boys they could have whatever they wanted, which to them meant soda and gift shop. We went to the gift shop and guess what Jacob picked, a nice reminder of our day with the monkeys, ducks and other animals, a four wheeler and trailer. That's our boy! Thank goodness the piece of plastic crap only cost $8, unheard of from a gift shop. It was fun, but certainly not something we would probably do again. One time is enough.

After we headed to York Beach. We got there and it was about 5, so not crowded, and really low tide. It was great. We have been there several times but never caught it this low. It is a great little beach and Jim and the boys searched for their usual crabs in the rocks. They did find a starfish, the first real one the boys have seen. Next to Patrick Star that is.

I think the school shopping is pretty much under control. Joshua is going to be a tough one I can already tell. We went to 6 shoe stores and two online sites before he picked a pair of sneakers. I think it was more so difficult for him because he had to pick one pair. He is used to having 5-6 pairs. I told him he needed to love the ones he picked because we have on two occasions had him have to have shoes that he didn't end up really wanting to wear. He has always been a shoe guy since he was a baby wearing everyone's shoes at the door. Last night at the restaurant we were seated near a corner and they had Elvis sitting in a chair with a guitar. Joshua was across the table and said, "Jacob, can you move? I want to see his boots." He cracks me up. A couple of times I have asked him, "Who was the girl sitting next to you in the class picture?" to which his answer was "What shoes was she wearing?"






No comments: