Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jacob's turn

Did you ever notice how there are millions of pictures and video of the first child, and less and less of the following children. Well, today Jacob started school. I'd love to show you a picture of him. But he is not the first child so I don't have one. Before you hang me on the cross with nails, I DID take one, two actually. Auntie Chris DELETED them before I got them on my computer!! Can you believe that? And she calls herself an Auntie. We may have to revisit that...

So it was a bit of a rough morning. Let's just say that after they peeled him off me, I called Jim to see if we could homeschool him and then called Kellie, his babysitter since birth, to see if she would homeschool him. But, being a teacher for many years and a mom of a boy who have two years of tough starts, I know that they are fine when they are in class. Jacob was picked up by Kellie with a glowing smile on his face. He is so articulate and shared his day and worries, told all about the story they read and I think he will be ok tomorrow.

It was the sweetest moment though this morning especially when you have brothers that can annoy the heck out of one another. Before Jacob even started crying, Joshua was already teared up, "Mom, I'm worried about Jacob in school". When I picked him up this afternoon the first thing he did was ask Jacob how school was. I think he was relieved that he had a good day. I love those moments.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ok, that is so sweet of Joshua. I hope Jacob has a better day tomorrow. You will have to keep us updated.

I can't even imagine Christian going to school. Even though I think he really needs it, I also think he may have a hard time since he is so shy at first to new things. Oh the adventures!!