Friday, August 22, 2008
What a great few days we had! We took our time on Tuesday, not rushing to get ready. I knew we would have Auntie up early on her birthday since we were going to StoryLand so I let her sleep until 10. On our way up we stopped at the Basin for a little break. We walked around a bit and took a few pictures. It was a bit too muddy on the trails from all the rain that has fallen this summer. Then I dragged everyone to one of my old neighborhoods. Places sure look a lot smaller now than they did when I was 5. We stopped to get some new flowers to bring to the cemetary but I couldn't decide on any, I'm not quite ready to get the fall colors yet. We went to visit anyway. I can't believe it has already been that long. It will soon be one year that I found out my dad was first sick and in no time it will be a year that he died. It is still very hard for me and even though things weren't great in his last years, I remember the years when they were. He and I had a special relationship and in the end he and I knew it and the rest was forgotten. 

StoryLand was a fun day. It is a cute little place based on Mother Goose tales. Sadly, the boys don't really know any of them to realize the pigs and goats were not just cute animals and what the Old Woman in the Shoe was about. It's kinda like Disney. They don't watch Mickey or many Disney movies to know many of the characters if we went. To them it would all be about the rides. I remember when we brought Jeffrey and he was not impressed at all with the surroundings. It was nothing like the commercial where the kids pass the gates and are frozen still with amazement. All he wanted was the rides. I remember thinking we could have saved a few thousand dollars and just went to Canobie Lake Park for $25 a whack. I did learn that we need to model some patience for the kids in that some things are worth waiting for. Joshua did not want to wait in any lines. If there was a line it was not worth waiting for. We live in such a fast society that we always keep moving forward and we need to rmember that sometimes you need to slow down and wait to enjoy things.





We saw a special friend on the way home too. She must be popular because everyone stopped to see her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Looks like it was a fun time. And I'm so jealous that your are actually wearing jackets...I can only wish! :)
Hey don't knock Disney...some of us LOVE it there!! :)
I love Disney, want to bring them to Disney but I want them to enjoy it for more than the rides. You are so lucky to have it in your back yard.
Post a Comment