Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's just around the corner

We started school shopping this week. I'm trying to be better about not waiting until the last minute and complaining that they have nothing. We started at Wal-mart to get the school supplies. It is crazy the list of supplies they would like us to consider getting. Pencils, scissors, markers-fat and skinny, highlighters, 6 glue sticks, colored pencils, crayons, scotch tape...and all of that is supposed to fit in one small pencil box?!#% I think we should start asking where our tax dollars are going and the Box Top for Education money as well. Not to mention the tissues, wipes, paper towels, clorox wipes etc. that would also be appreciated.

Jacob was so excited when we got home. We took out all of the supplies and labeled them as we put them into the pencil boxes. He helped by sharpening the pencils. When he tried his backpack on he came back in and said, "Mom it knocked me over." I told him just wait until it is filled with his spare clothes and snack. Thank goodness the pencil box will stay at school.

I was just saying the other day that I hadn't gotten any letters from school so neither of them must be in a peanut free class. Joshua was in one last year. I did see on the school roster that Jacob's teacher was labeled as an allergy free classroom. I thought maybe they changed it each year to give the teachers a break. Well today I got the letter. Jacob will be in a peanut free class. Luckily I am already use to it. Joshua was not a peanut butter and jelly guy anyway and for Jacob it will only be snack. I am already use to reading the backs of packages.

We got some clothes at Old Navy and JCP. I was so disappointed with Old Navy and was last year as well. They just really seem to have nothing these days for boys. The little boys section is cute and the girls is as well. We scored some things at JCP even with Auntie not there. It is so hard with Joshua because his waist is too big for the 8 and his legs are to short for the 10. We are literally going to have to try on different brands and see what we can come up with. Good thing he will wear shorts for a while. I was bad though and had to buy some things for my nieces just because I don't have girls and the stuff is so damn cute!!!

PS I forgot to mention that Jim messed up his machine playing in the mud. It is idling real high and can't go above 10 mph. He'll have to take it apart and clean all of the grass out. You wouldn't believe where that stuff gets. Jeffrey had to be towed back by his friend. It apparently didn't like the mud puddles from all of the rain. And Joshua's...........the thing just hasn't been right since we got it. Not quite sure what the outcome of that will be.

1 comment:

Whiting Clan said...

you ARE ahead of the game! I got "the" supplies, backpack and splurged by getting socks & underwear. Im depending on Mason's slight figure to fit into last year's clothes..? and of course their nana!