We took some pictures of Jacob again this morning...since you know who, did you know what...Second time was a charm. Jacob had a great morning and day at school. I did not have to work technically so I was able to pick him up. That is the hard part about being a working mom. I don't get to pick him up when he gets out half-day. But today I did and I hold on to those bright smiles I see when they see I am there.
When we picked up Joshua, he looked a little sad. With his lip quivering he told me that Paul was not his friend anymore and he would show me why when we left. I took him in the hall to get the scoop incase I needed to talk to the afterschool assistants. You know me, why wait until tomorrow to open up a can of whoop-ass. It turns out to be a funny story. Each day I learn how sensitive my rough, tough, muscular boy is. He was upset because Paul made him sit in the swing with bird poop and it got on his shirt. I told him boys always tease and trick each other and hopefully he will not let it ruin a friendship because good friends are hard to come by. I mean really, do you know how many piles of bird poop Chris made me sit in...and we're still friends.
Have a fun, safe Labor Day Weekend. I'll be welcoming my students back on Tuesday. I look forward to seeing them again.





No comments:
Post a Comment