Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sound Advice

My grandmother has always shared two pieces of advice. The first one is "The person with the pen always wins" and the other is "The shortest way is the way you know". I always share these but today I did not take my own advice. And as I sit here eating a HUGE caramellow bar to make myself feel less stressed, I wish I had.

As you know I did not register my car on time. I could even have done it online-mistake number one. I went to do it yesterday but the phone lines were down at city hall and I could only do part of it and of course it was 4 and too late to head to Milford or Manchester-ugh. Today it went into the shop to get inspected (all but a sticker because you need your registration first) to the tune of $650. After school (mistake number 2, I should have just taken the day off to get my s#$*t done), I rushed up to Manchester figuring it would be shorter because it was on the highway even though I knew where the one was in Milford. So after calling Jim (mistake number three) and not getting much help to find the place, Jacob and I waited 20 minutes in line to only find out that I was still at the wrong place. So now I am home, no registration, no inspection sticker and about 400 extra calories consumed. Long story short...the shortest way is the way you know. Had I gone to Milford, I would have my registration, my inspection and hell I would have eaten the caramellow to celebrate!!!
Would this have had less calories???

2 comments:

Whiting Clan said...

as always you make me laugh.. you really should write a blog or something..how are you?

Michelle said...

:)