Monday, December 22, 2008

Exercising my creative bone

The days are dwindling and all of this snow is really putting a monkey wrench to the shopping scene. The boys love the snow, Jim has been busy plowing the snow and I have been braving the snow to shop. I really took advantage of some online shopping this year which was a help.

I made the boys' teachers a cute little frame I saw on another blog. Kinda like my sisters mother in law's soup that never tastes as good when I make it, they don't look as good as the ones I saw but I think they are as cute as heck.

Auntie and I also made some yummy goodies for her work friends. They started out as chocolate covered pretzels but there weren't enough whole ones in the bag. Instead we made some pretzel bark. Who doesn't love salty/sweet. First it loooked like this and then we broke it up into bark pieces.

A few weeks ago Auntie came over with a recipe she wanted to try. Another salty/sweet. The chips aren't just in the background. They went into the cookies. They were a bit dry as the only liquid was an egg yoke and a teaspoon of vanilla, but anything tastes better with chocolate on it, which we drizzled all over.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think the teacher gifts turned out GREAT!!!

Whiting Clan said...

wow you are sure productive ! Im still recovering from the blackout..I love the teachers' presents! Im stealing your idea for next year or perhaps end of year present.
have a great one! see you next year?
xo
K