Before we lost power, we borrowed some movies from the library. I discovered that the library has many movies and even some newer movies. It works out perfectly because for one, it is free and for two, the Blockbuster near us moved. Joshua has been wanting to watch The Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out...) so we borrowed it planning a Friday night with popcorn. Since we had no power, it was postponed to Saturday when we watched it at Auntie's house (she had power). As we were watching it I was reminded why it isn't a good movie to show at school despite it's PG rating. Lots of 'son of a b$tches'. Joshua didn't even flinch. I fully believe that kids don't actually know what swear words are until someone fills them in. Apparently b$tch hasn't been added to his repertoire. A couple of weeks ago he asked Jim what a certain finger gesture meant and if it was a swear word. Jim told him it was without giving the real word. Well this morning Joshua asks me, "Mom, is F U * K (spelling) a swear word?" I of course immediately asked him who told him that (and immediately put that kid on the do no invite over list) and told him if he ever said that he would get in the most trouble he ever got into. Now I just wonder how long it will take him to get educated on the connection between the gesture and the word.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Why do they have to grow up so fast???
Before we lost power, we borrowed some movies from the library. I discovered that the library has many movies and even some newer movies. It works out perfectly because for one, it is free and for two, the Blockbuster near us moved. Joshua has been wanting to watch The Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out...) so we borrowed it planning a Friday night with popcorn. Since we had no power, it was postponed to Saturday when we watched it at Auntie's house (she had power). As we were watching it I was reminded why it isn't a good movie to show at school despite it's PG rating. Lots of 'son of a b$tches'. Joshua didn't even flinch. I fully believe that kids don't actually know what swear words are until someone fills them in. Apparently b$tch hasn't been added to his repertoire. A couple of weeks ago he asked Jim what a certain finger gesture meant and if it was a swear word. Jim told him it was without giving the real word. Well this morning Joshua asks me, "Mom, is F U * K (spelling) a swear word?" I of course immediately asked him who told him that (and immediately put that kid on the do no invite over list) and told him if he ever said that he would get in the most trouble he ever got into. Now I just wonder how long it will take him to get educated on the connection between the gesture and the word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Yep, I think changes are coming for you and your "babies."
Dustin LOVES that movie!!
Post a Comment