I found this idea on a blog of a blog. We don't really have any traditions besides decorating a tree and opening a door of a countdown calendar, so I thought this would be fun. She did the 25 days to Christmas. I started it at 19 but you could even start it at the 12 days til Christmas for this year. You wrap a book for each day left until Christmas. Each day the kids unwrap a Christmas book and we read it. We only have about 2 or 3 Christmas books so we went to the library. They are due on the 20th but I can renew online so we're good. The boys have been excited about it so far (2 days). They like to be able to open something and like the mystery of what the book will be.
I bought a new printer last week so the Christmas cards are ready to go. We didn't get a family picture since Jeffrey is with us so little and it is hard to get it on a weeknight when we don't have much time. As you can imagine, it is quite difficult to get 5 people to cooperate for a picture. They will be hitting your mailboxes soon. What a process cards are, signing, addressing, stamping, labeling........
Today was a day of trying to catch up and feel like I'm on track. Hence, we made a gingerbread house (assembled and decorated). Today was not my day so it was not as enjoyable as it usually is. Thank god this one came with it's own base with indents for the house to sit into and the pieces were really well made. This activity could have really put me over the edge.





2 comments:
I loved that book idea too...maybe next year!
I know the feeling of catching up, way too much!
Your going to laugh at or cards this year. Didn't even try to get all smiles...wait till you see the alternative... :)
yes..love that idea, but way to much work for me right now..lame I know. As Cole;s bday was this weekend "Christmas" didnt start until yesterday..so here I gooooooooooooo ........
Post a Comment