Monday, September 8, 2008

The Weekend

6:30 am, both mornings. Funny thing is I know my friend Karin would love her kids to sleep in til then. That is the great thing about their ages, they come down stairs and play while we stay in bed. Not that I sleep though. Must be the sense of guilt responsibility that comes with parenting. I usually come down soon after though I think 7:30 is my minimum.

We lucked out with the rain associated with the hurricane from the south. Saturday was sunny, it rained over night, and Sunday was beautiful again. We went up to Pack Monadnock for a cookout and to look for snakes. You could see the buildings in Boston it was so clear.

"Who wants to go to Pack Monadnock to look for snakes?" asks Daddy. "OOh, OOh me Daddy. I want to go. You know I'm always bored" answers Jacob. Nice! My kid is always bored.

They really wanted to go swimming. It wasn't really that nice. They were riding bikes in jeans which is why they were so sweaty. Jeffrey is a teen who doesn't wear shorts anymore and on days when he is with us...Joshua copies his idol. When we were leaving, I suggested shorts. With swimming on their minds they put on their bathing suits. "Jacob, we're not going swimming." "I know Mommy, I like flames".
Jacob read his first book to us today. It was a color/shape book they made in class. Similar to the Brown Bear Brown Bear, What do you see? It is a repetitive book that they memorize. But he was so cute because they are being taught to use their fingers to follow the words as they read to represent that text represents words. He was so proud and so were we. 2nd week of school and already reading.

2 comments:

Whiting Clan said...

snakes... im not afraid of much but snakes freak me out, even just thinking of them... eeeakk!
& sweetie, I stay in bed too latley as my boys travel downstairs. Once I hear them start raiding the cuboards because they are hungry, the guilt really sets in and I get out to feed the monkeys..

Michelle said...

I agree...snakes, no thank you!!

Sleeping in...what's that?? :)