Jacob got his shots today. I guess I missed the ball on that one because he was supposed to have them before he started school. Though the school missed the ball too because they never called me on it, I went to them.
I wasn't going to tell him until it was time to go, no need to stress him out for days, especially because it wasn't just one shot. Ironically, when I picked him up, I mentioned to the babysitter about where we were going and how I hadn't told Jacob yet. She said that today he was watching Pax (? a penguin) and he had to go to the doctor to get shots with special medicine in them. Perfect, my opening. So when we got into the car I asked him if he watched Pax and what it was about. "I forget." Surprise, surprise. Did he have to go to the doctor? "Oh yeah, and he had to get shots." Ah ha...I'm in.
They really whallop kids these days. They changed the polio vaccines so know they have to get another one because it has to be closer to school start. It use to be that they had all their shots by age 2 and they didn't remember it (at least at my pedi.) They also do a second chicken pox, so the poor kid had 4 shots....all on about 10 minutes notice. He said when Pax got his shots it was quick and only hurt for a second. Well Jacob was so brave, 4 shots, 2 arms, not a single tear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
That is brave, I would have cried for sure.
Post a Comment