Saturday, September 13, 2008

Half full, Half empty?

When Jeffrey was younger he sold his perfectly fine dirt bike for a four wheeler. Today he traded his perfectly fine four wheeler for a dirt bike. I often ask myself if we are teaching our kids that what they have isn't good enough or always to want better for themselves. I, probably being the pessimist, see it as not believing what they have is good enough, Jim, perhaps being the optimist, sees it as always wanting to improve and have better. That is probably why I still drive a 1999- rusting more each day- minivan and he traded a perfectly fine F-150 for a 2500 Dodge Ram :) I wonder where the kids get it from?

3 comments:

Whiting Clan said...

i hink it is a half woman half man thing...hence the whole hunter and gathering thingie.. us ladies gather and save, men go out and hunt for more..it's in our genetics and thank god we are so different!

Michelle said...

I wouldn't worry about it so much. If they make GOOD use of it then not to worry. I say if we are able to spoil them a bit, then why not, just not so that they expect it and are rotten about it. And my nephews are so perfect that they could never be TOO spoiled!!!

Michelle said...

Let's just say Jacob is starting to coin the phrase, "I want that NOW!!!"