Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yard Sale Part Deux

I would have to call today a success. We live in an area that has a lot of traffic. On most days that is a negative, but today it was helpful. We really don't need to advertise, especially since there were other yard sale signs pointing in our direction. It was great. We sold a lot of things and put most of the rest for free. There are just a few straggler items left tonight.

Jacob and Joshua got in on the action, but not too much. Jacob wanted to sell something, so he sold an $11.99 motorcycle for $.50. I couldn't even tell you where his two quarters are. Joshua wanted in too so he tried to sell his motorcycle for $80. The guy wanted to give me a quarter (I told you people want everything for free). I told him his brother sold his for $.50 so I made him go scrounge up another quarter in his truck. Jim about had a coronary that I let them sell them, but they wanted to be included, someone actually bought them and they were happy. In the end, they have 237 other vehicles left, we got rid of a lot of stuff for a few bucks, the boys were sleeping before 8:15 and I am here in front of the computer with hair dye in.

Yup, I would say today was a success.

1 comment:

Whiting Clan said...

mason wants to sell organic lemonade for $100. I guess he'll just have to sell one glass...!