Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Go Celtics!!

Last night I took off my tapes from my incision. I think it looks great! Which is good news. The surgeon did a great job with a nice clean cut right with the curve of my neck. I am still creeped out about touching it though. Mainly because you can feel the scar tissue and it is just weird because it still doesn't have any feeling. (sorrry for those of you with weak stomachs) I have had two doctor appts. so far and the only thing up now is that my calcium making glands appear to be stalled. I have to chew 8 tums a day and take Vitamin D to help absorb it. We'll see how long this is for.

For Father's Day, the boys made some drawings that I ironed on to T-shirts for Jim. They were really proud of them. Of course, the big question was whose do you wear first??? So Daddy picked one and of course the other kept asking when he was going to wear his. He finished out the day with the other one. Of course, best laid plans........the applica that I got is not intended for washing. Nice of them to tell you that on the INSIDE of the directions. So needless to say, I went to the craft store again today to get the right stuff. I'll try again tomorrow. See now that is the good thing about scanning their drawings into the computer and printing them off, I can try it again.

I got to talk to my friend Karen today. As in we actually heard each other's voice. An email here, a voicemail there...Finally a connection. It was good to hear from her and to know that we have a plan to see each other. When she moved in the fall, we had a deal to see each other 2 times a month. We have seen each other 2 times period (as my Grammy Perry would say). Life just happens. We have both had our share of happenings. You have to work hard to keep connections when distance keeps you apart. I'm glad we're still working :) See you Wed. Karen!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a cute gift idea! I will have to remember it for future use.

Yes, congrats to the Celtics! They killed us tonight.

Whiting Clan said...

yes wed. Already planning a gluten free lunch!..
xo
K