Wednesday, December 7, 2011

You win!

Friends are a lot like kids...they break you down and break you down until you give in!!!

So here goes (Kristy).

After my dad passed away I started wearing his wedding band on my middle finger. As you can imagine, 30 pounds lighter, it gets a little loose particularly when my hands aren't swolen. I am more aware of it now that it has a lot of movement.

Yesterday I grabbed the laundry from the dryer and dumped it onto the couch. As soon as I did I felt the ring slide off with the clothes. I quickly moved the laundry around but didn't find it. I folded it up hoping to find it. As each piece got folded I started to second guess myself. Had it fallen off earlier? I had given a lotion massage and washed my hands. They are real slippery when I wash them and it could have fallen off. I was starting to get a sick feeling in my stomach.

The funny thing is my dad didn't even wear the ring when he was alive, he was divorced for several years. But to me it has a different signifigance. It is a little piece of him that I carry around with me when I sleep, when I'm away, all the time. It rarely comes off and when it does I think about it the whole time.

You'll be happy to know I found it under the couch. It had slipped rather quickly through the cushions. I put it behind my wedding rings because they aren't going anywhere, but now I need to decide what to do with it since that just seems a little weird. I had it on my thumb today, I might try that for a little bit until I lose more weight that is :)

Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love it. I look forward to many more wonderful blog entries.

-Kristi :)