Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A village

The boys were more excited to decorate for the holidays than I had energy. Normally I decorate the weekend of Thanksgiving while everyone else is doing their Christmas shopping. This year Thanksgiving seemed so early, and then the next weekend was our anniversary.

So, Jacob took it upon himself to get the ball rolling. He went up into the closet and enlisted his brother's help in dragging the tree downstairs. He wanted to put it together too, but I told him that was on Daddy this year.
 I told them the rug needed to be cleared and vaccuumed before we could put it up and Joshua was all over that. I took the camera out to capture that too (doesn't happen too often) but he freaked out and dropped the vaccuum and took off out of sight. So after a freak out of my own I explained to him that I just wanted to capture memories. "Mom how is a picture of someone vaccuuming a memory?" Someday he will be thankful for the little 'memories' captured in pictures and in this blog.

Several days later when I gathered some motivation I took out the villages. Today I plugged them in after I noticed Jacob had attempted to first. As you can see, the kitty is a fan. I had to let her know that this was not ok! We'll see how that goes over.
 Jacob had asked if he could put some cars near the village...to which I of course said, "no". You can see what my word means in this house!

Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh I know the "no energy/motivation" problem this year!! Thank goodness the kids got it rolling for us. ;)

Kristi said...

LOVE IT