I like to go from point A to point B. Jim likes to explore along the way. Knowing that it was a three day weekend and that the boys wouldn't be doing too much swimming and that the only working channel at the camp was out I figured it would be a perfect opportunity to let him explore.
He had found a couple of places in his map book that he wanted to check out. A while back we had stopped at one place that was supposed to be known for white pitch pines that were super old. When we pulled in the kids working at the state park had no clue what we were talking about. Denied!
This was the other thing he wanted to check out. A rock :)
It was actually quite a sight when we found it. Mark this one on your calendars, a man actually stopped and asked for directions!The only way I end up behind the camera.
Unless that is except when a stranger walking by offers to take a picture of us all. Then I crop out the bad and leave the acceptable :)
A funny PS-Being our last horrah of the weekend I also gave in to getting BBQ for lunch. We happened to stop on our way out at Famous Dave BBQ. The funny part? Jim was wearing a shirt from KC Rib Shack from the same city. I think they thought he was a spy. I told them they could give him one of their shirts...but no go. Big Mistake...Huge! :) (Who got the reference?)
Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle









No comments:
Post a Comment