Friday, February 26, 2010

Man's Best Friend...

Woman's word nightmare. I knew it would only be a matter of time after Brady died that the dog conversation would come up. Jim did not disappoint. I know the boys would love a dog, as would Jim. But the mama who has to take care of everyone and everything does not want the added work. That, and I'm not a dog person. Ask any of my friends with dogs. I'm not afraid, I just don't like them. Don't like the feeling left on my hand after petting them, don't like the feeling of being licked, don't like the paw prints on my clothing after they jump, don't like the smell of wet dog in rain, don't like the smell of dog poop. And we all know that no one would be walking the dog to the woods to poop.

This week we went for a little woods hike with my friend Renee and her dogs. See dogs are like kids, some people like to play with them and then are happy to be able to hand them back. Renee said we could borrow the boys anytime to play. The boys did have a great time and had priceless looks on their faces, but heck, Jacob gets the same look when candy shows up and Joshua when he sees new shoes. Neither of those things smell, lick me or get my clothes dirty (most of the time). I was glad Jim wasn't there to see their excitement though, even though Renee threatened to email him and encourage him.

I know these pictures are dejavu for you Facebook followers, but what's a girl to do?




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Well you did have two awesome dogs to play with it looks like. We love our labs to death and they don't always smell or jump, it's all in how you take care and train them. :) I vote to get a lab!!! :)