Sunday, January 3, 2010

Out of the mouths of Babes

I know many times stories are not as funny to others and "you had to be there". But I have to share these Jamisms.

As I said, she cracks me up. She is only 4 and a half. Who knows how she comes up with these things.

While opening presents, she was standing next to Uncle Jim. Jeanne had gotten him a shaving kit with some smelly stuff. Jim said, "How did you know I needed something to make me smell good?" to which she wasted no time responding, "Because you're stinky" in her southern yet Boston (missing the r's) accent. Mind you, she hadn't seen him in a year and still felt comfortable enough to say it.
Our first plan was to go to Chunky's to see the Chipmunk movie but it was sold out. Since we were going to eat lunch and watch, we had to find an alternative plan for lunch and then see the movie at a regular theater. While eating lunch at Boston Market she says, "Mom, just so you know, when I get older and am a mom, I am going to change my name. Jamie is not really a mom name".


The day before they left we brought them to Bounce-U. Jamie was a little less enthused than the others. I took advantage of it to get some cuddle hugs in. I asked her, "What is the first thing you are going to do when you get home?" (They left the day after Christmas without much time to play with their new toys.)...to which she said, again in her southern cute as can be 4 1/2 year old voice, "Miss you". Now you know why I love this girl!!!

2 comments:

Whiting Clan said...

of course she is funny, she has your blood coursing through those viens!

Michelle said...

Love it!!