Friday, January 8, 2010

I Feel Like I have a big 'L' on my Forehead

I always feel like the week goes by and it was hectic. I do not watch much tv, but do go on the computer in it's place. (I just don't find Jim's shows that funny and unless I want to listen to him complain, I watch my reality shows when he's not around)

Looking for a good transition here, but can't come up with one quick, so it will appear random but it is connected...promise...stay with me here.

The boys are two years apart in school and as they say, the more things change the more they stay the same. Jacob is coming home with the same homework assignments and projects as Joshua did in the first grade.

Well this week a homework paper came home and as soon as I saw it, I cringed and went to whisper in Jim's ear. I said, "I felt just as unimportant doing this paper the first time as I do now!" The paper required Jacob to draw pictures to depict important events that go on in our family on Mon through Fri ( dance lessons, sports practice, music lessons etc.) We've got nothin! The only thing we could come up with was to draw Jeffrey on Wed. because that is the night he comes and Auntie on Thurs. because she has the day off and frequently picks them up. And that was it...he said, "I have to draw something for the other days", so I had him draw a book since he has to read a book each night.

How pathetic is that??? Someone stamp me with the big old 'L' now!

We feel busy, but nada...weekends are when sports are and there aren't any practices during the week.

2 comments:

Whiting Clan said...

kids who are that busy during the week is stupid, your kids play outside and use their imagination, that is mire than many MANY kids STILL have theses days.. you are NOT a L but a thumbs up!
xo
K

Michelle said...

I agree, don't feel bad. Kids seem to be stretched thin so much these days. Let them be kids! I bet you can thin kof thing snw though since you aren't required too...lol