I bought this video at the suggested of a fellow blogger. I say bought it, but didn't actually open it. I'm a girl in need of a motivator and company. Auntie Chris wants no part of jumping up and down with her...top half...and elderly bladder :) so I couldn't wait for Auntie Jeanne to come after Christmas. She has been on a get in shape journey and I knew she would motivate me.
I like the video because it has three levels, which can also be modified so I have lots of life out of the video. It has three circuits of 3 minutes stretching, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. Each set of minutes is again divided into 30 second exercises so you are always changing and not getting bored or frustrated with an exercise. I for one ate the push ups, but they are in the first circuit and I'm done with them after the first 6 minutes!!! It is a little harder keeping it up without Jeanne, but I'll keep at it.As far as the eating....I learned long ago from Weight Watcher that Fiber is your friend. I don't use it for regularity, I use it to cut the calories. The more fiber a food has, the less it counts against you. These are my yummy finds! Michelle, the first one is for you. You said you wanted a milkshake. I know this is not what you had in mind, but after you try it, you will keep your fridge stocked.
It is thick, sweet and just plain ole yummy! Not one bit of fiber taste. I was amazed. Believe it or not, most foods that are packed with fiber don't actually taste as you would imagine. It's a great breakfast alternative.This is my favorite cereal. Love it!
Recently I decided to take it one step further. I had been making Rice Krispy treats for the kids and thought about making them with these. They are so awesome! I have also made the Monkey Munch with it. Thats the mix that has usually chex, chocolate and peanut butter coated and then rolled in powdered sugar. It just makes you feel less guilty about eating it. I shouldn't tell you that I have gone so far as to eat the cereal with the fiber shake instead of milk :) Two birds, one stone.
Recently I decided to take it one step further. I had been making Rice Krispy treats for the kids and thought about making them with these. They are so awesome! I have also made the Monkey Munch with it. Thats the mix that has usually chex, chocolate and peanut butter coated and then rolled in powdered sugar. It just makes you feel less guilty about eating it. I shouldn't tell you that I have gone so far as to eat the cereal with the fiber shake instead of milk :) Two birds, one stone.These are my latest find. I was a fan of them Fiber One bars too, but I got bored of them. South Beach has a lot of these but only a few are the fiber kind. There are a few that I am switching between. They are helping me fill my sweet tooth and I keep them in my top drawer at work.







1 comment:
Really, are they that yummy? I will try them and I have that video too and yes, it's not been opened yet. LOL I think it will be soon though...
Yay for you!!! Keep us posted on the progress!
Post a Comment