Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So far behind

Ok, so where to start? It has been a while. Sometimes it is just hard to sit down and write, especially when you are feeling swamped.

Card night was fun. Lost a bunch of pennies, ate yummy snacks and had lots of belly laughs. It has been a while since we've had one and it was good to get back to it. A nice break from the reality of tax season, the recession and for me...the start of IEP season. Emily, Chris and I were deserted a little early by the old folks, so we made up our own rules to Scat. We played for a nickel a hand...we are in a recession you know.

We've also been snow tubing. Chris and I brought the boys. For me it was ok. It was nice enough that I didn't need my snow pants, which was good because it was the day after card night, but the slope was so fast and the track wasn't long enough so you came down real fast at the end and had to go up the hill they created. And as many of you know, those of us with a little more weight, go a little faster and take more to stop. I dragged my feet from the top to the bottom but it didn't do much good. The boys loved it. They each got to go on their own. Jacob loved the freedom. Jeffrey brought a friend but would have prefered snow boarding to the tubing. I don't think I would go to Pat's Peak again but would be interested in finding out about other places. I totally forgot that there is a place right in Manchester.

You've gotta love anytime you don't have to walk up the hill. It's just like Thanksgiving dinner. It takes so long to get to it but is over in a flash.



This is what teenagers do when you ask them to smile...
Jacob also had his first friend over. Boy it was a busy weekend. All of this happened in one weekend. He loved it. It was much less stressful than when Joshua had his friend over.

Jacob decided he wanted to make his Valentine's for school. His idea=more work for mom...and money. I wanted them to look good and not be too easily destroyed. He wanted them to have hearts and cute dogs. So we compromised. These are what we came out with. He has been doing all of the writing on the front and back and is such a trooper. Joshua on the other hand doesn't want to participate but I told him he has too. That of course means that we will be doing them tomorrow night as he hasn't started yet...a boy after my own heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute. Tell Jacob he should send his arch-enemy one!

Michelle said...

Yep, you have been busy. I think that tube puller thing is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Great invention!! :)

Whiting Clan said...

I get my Valentines from the dollar store and have my kids just sign their names..lame huh? BUT I have to bake for the party of course their isnt anything allergy free served
that tube pull is the balls!! I would just go for that!
good for you I only drag the kids across the street for a treat!..again lame mom.. are you coming March 7th?