Monday, February 23, 2009

Greetings from Tennessee

Our week, just kept getting worse. I came down with the flu, the real flu. Knock you on your ass for days flu. Jacob got the stomach bug. We had 2 boys sick one night, one throwing up in the bathroom, one in the bedroom in a trash bucket-one of us went downstairs with Joshua to allow him to sit up sleep in the recliner as I am convinced that stops his cycle of 20 minute intervals, while the other stayed upstairs with Jacob and his bucket. So then we were three down. Next Daddy joined with the flu and I'm pretty sure Joshua got the flu on top of his stomach bug...ugh! Through it all, we postponed our flight to Tennessee so 1-we wouldn't get Auntie Jeanne sick and interrupt her surgery, 2-to not infect innocent people on the plane (not really, more so I couldn't deal with Jacob throwing up on the plane) and 3-so I could actually move. Today we did get on the plane, 2 days later, leaving Daddy still flat out on the couch. I have never gotten the flu shot and have never gotten the flu. After this week, I will reconsider it next year :)

1 comment:

Whiting Clan said...

well your boys get the "toughness" certainly from YOU! I would have cancelled the trip way before the flu hit! You are a real trooper and hoping that your trip down to the warm south revives you! xoK