There's something wrong when 3 adults are more into a kids TV show than the kids. Tonight we let the kids stay up to watch the Zoey 101 movie they just had to see. Of course, as they were jumping around we were the ones telling them to get out of the way of the TV so we could see :)
Joshua went to a friend's house today. He has been there once before and to one other friends also. It is a big thing for him to be out of his comfort zone. I think today was bigger for me. He was gone for like 8 hours!!! Auntie thought I was boring her because I kept looking at the door. He's never been gone that long. I am glad that he had fun though. Jacob wanted to know why he couldn't go somewhere special since Joshua got to. We always talk about how he will have friends when he goes to school too. Of course that wasn't the explanation he was looking for. He wanted to go to Funworld or Chuck E Cheese. I really had to get all of the 'sickness' laundry done so it wasn't a good day. So I did what all bad moms do. I bought him some candy and all was good.
Jacob is so smart. Following right in Joshua's footsteps. I was worried because I always pushed Joshua being that he was my first. He dressed himself early, zipped his coat at 2, rode a bike at 4 and tied his shoes before kindergarten just to name a few. With Jacob being my baby I didn't feel that I pushed him as much and thought that he wouldn't be as advanced. I was wrong. He walked a few days shy of 10 months, rode his bike without training wheels at 3, can write his name, zip his coat, uses vocabulary that surprises us daily and is now tying his shoes. He has persistence just luck Joshua and kept at it tonight until he got both shoes tied. I have to give lots of the credit to his fantastic babysitter Kellie. I didn't even know that they were working on writing his name or shoe tying. She calls herself our childcare provider. I tell her she is much more than that, she is "Our Kellie".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment