Sunday, April 1, 2012

Disney Day


After Amy and I's 2 hour planning session, you can clearly see from our notes that we decided Wednesday was going to be our Disney day. Wednesday is the day they have the electric parade at midnight. When we looked at the opening and closing hours it say 6am and 6am which we were sure was a print error. But when we arrived in Florida we were assured it was not a mistake. They were going to be open 24 hours for the Leap year celebration. The big hype in Florida was "one more day". We even got button souvenirs.

So off we headed to the land where dreams do come true.
Minnie was very welcoming.
 With tickets in hand we headed in to see the castle ahead.

 And I took the opportunity to have some fun with my camera.
 Our first souvenirs were sunglasses. It was just so darn sunny.
 We were lucky enough to find some clip over ones for Joshua and in the motorcycle style he likes since he really can't see a thing without his glasses now.
 While Joshua and Noah were excited to be tall enough to drive alone, Jacob and Brady were just happy to be able to drive. Of course he went so fast the wind was whipping through my hair.
I don't think Brady could see over the wheel so I'm glad I wasn't in that car!
                            
                             
We saw a few friends and I threatened the boys to get a picture taken with him. Though I'm not surprised they don't like to because as I type this I am reminded of how Joshua used to freak out whenever he saw large characters when he was young.


I love love the colors cast on the castle at night. I actually like it better than in the day.


Amy finally got to ride Splash Mtn. but it almost didn't happen. After waiting 50 minutes in line we were just about at the end and it broke down. "It could be 5 minutes or 5 hours. You can wait or you can go". We waited a few and all was good. Though I didn't feel so safe knowing we were the guinea pigs after it had broken down. You can see from Amy's face, it did not disappoint.

Because it was so hot out in the day...

we didn't even need our sweatshirts while we waited for the parade at midnight. It was still 80 degrees.
While I prefer the castle at night, I prefer the parade in the day.



We did have a magical day. Even though we stayed until 2:30 am, we didn't get to do all that I wanted to do. All the more reason to go back!
Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle

1 comment:

Kristi said...

OMG best pic ever of splash mountain! :)