Sunday, June 26, 2011

Techno Glitches

Before the digital conversion we got three channels at the camp. CBS, a PBSish type channel and ABC scrambled. During the summer we had no choice but to get sucked into Big Brother as it was on every night, and was the only thing on. Since the conversion we only get one channel, but now it is ABC and comes in crystal clear, HD looking even. The only problem is that is only does so on a clear, calm day. Otherwise, you have to hold the wire that comes down from the roof's antenna.

Well a couple of weekends ago I brought the boys up to see Baileigh's recital and it wasn't a great night. I was alone (no one to play cards with), didn't rent a movie, and wasn't ready for bed so the only way I could watch TV was to hold the wire. It seems the body's electricity is enough to keep it happy. My neck was getting a crick and I was always told as a kid that it was not good to sit so close to the screen, so I had to improvise. I moved up a rocking chair and held the wire with my piggie toe.
 The next day was a beauty and the boys wanted to go to the skate park. The compromise is that they walk on the path with Mommy too.

 It's a lovely path.
 Have you ever been so into capturing a moment that you actually miss the moment? I'm guessing that happens to my SOL Michelle since she always is the picture taker. It's especially tough when the moment is brief. I was trying to capture Baileigh's number so Grammy Mary and Auntie Jeanne could see her, but the routine was partially in the dark and the girls started off with their backs to us. When I got home at 10pm and was watching the video back I realized I had videoed the wrong girl and even took a few pictures of her! This was the best picture I got. Sorry Mom and Jeanne.
Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle

No comments: