Sunday, June 12, 2011

A First in 36 Years

After going to Baileigh's school play and eating our leftover coconut cream pie for breakfast we headed to the camp to check it out. This was back in April so it wasn't opened yet. You can see from the picture why. We get out water for the plumbing from the pond.

I have never seen ice on the pond. By the time we close up it is mid October, but not early enough for snow. I love going during different seasons and seeing the changes.  A couple of years ago Chris and I took a ride up late late fall and I was amazed how different everything looks just with the sun at a different angle in the sky. Here are some snow/ice pictures followed by summer pics for contrast.



Of course it cracked me up that Joshua was there in shorts. Before I took this picture he actually had on shorts and flip flops, but he needed better shoes to try to 'snowboard' with the summer 'I have no idea what the heck it is called'. :)
Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle

No comments: