I took the opportunity to plan a girl's movie night as soon as I set the boys up with their weekend away. I had strict instructions from Kitty to get a funny movie as she had seen a couple of tear jerkers recently, but I looked and looked and just couldn't find a light chick flick. This was my pick.
The premise of the movie is that her husband dies but before he did, he wrote a series of letters to be delivered to her in the year following his death. Good news is I was the only one crying. That was one thing I wished my dad had done was written me a letter when he knew he was sick. Unfortunately, things happened so quickly and he needed such strong pain medication, it kinda impaired his thinking. I remember asking him what he was thinking about as he was staring off, holding the newspaper and he would say, "Nothing, it's blank". The meds really wiped his concentration. I know I may sound like a broken record, but it has been three years and I still remember every minute. Sometimes I wish I could snap out of it. I think it has to do with the unresolved nature of our relationship.
I have also mentioned many times that I love fondue. We started the night off with yummy treats. This really goes to show that you don't need to pay big bucks at The Melting Pot for yummy chocolate fondue. I asked everyone to bring a different treat to dip. Rice krispie treats, pound cake, blondies, pretzels oh my! Fun Fun.






1 comment:
Man, wish I was there!!!! How fun!!!
Post a Comment