Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fryeburg Fair

A couple of weekends ago I asked Jim if he wanted to go to the Deerfield fair. He passed on that invitation because he was afraid of the crowds since it had rained for many of the beginning days. So no warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for me.



Oh, did I forget to mention fairs mean nothing more than yummy and surely really bad for you food.



Since we were heading up to the camp for Columbus Day weekend I figured it was the perfect time to make up for that and hit up the Fryeburg fair. It is a fair right on the Maine line by Conway that we have visited for many years. AS you can see from this sign, it is an old fair. It celebrated 150 years in 2001. So I got my clams, calamari and apple crisp, Jim got his sausage, ribs, fried dough and apple crisp, Jacob got his steak sub and fried dough, Joshua got his sausage, something else I'm sure and apple crisp and Auntie got her fries, ribs and caramel apple.

We saw the token animals, but not as many as usual because we didn't get there until 5, it was cold, and it takes some time to get all that food :)



We opted for soda instead of this warm milk straight from the cow.
She's cute and all, but who the heck buys these things?
A recreation of two moose that were found dead in this position...a battle to the end.
Jim always drags us into these 'interesting' places. I had to take this picture as it reminds me of a Where's Waldo picture.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oK, WOW!!! Did those moose really die like that? Crazy! Fair food...yummy! The milking pic kind of freaks me out. I know that's the process, but just weird to see. LOL