Monday marks three years since my Dad's passing. When I think of this I don't just think of him, I think of poor Gramma Cil too. Gram is 93 years old and has endured it all. She often talks about the hardest part of growing old and it's not her aching osteoperodic bones, though they hurt like hell. It is the fact that she has lost almost everyone. She has lost her parents, siblings, sibling-in-laws and spouses, husband and child. Not many people have that distinction. Though she still has one daughter and son-in-law, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, she is sad for all those who have left before her.For those of you who want to know her secret, I believe it is that she always has at least a little bit of dessert after every meal, even if she is so full she couldn't eat another bite :) A girl after my own ♥.





No comments:
Post a Comment