Several years ago...before chillens...Jim and I explored Newfound Lake in his canoe. It was a beautiful lake, clean and clear, but in a canoe it was much like being in our aluminum fishing boat on Lake Winnepesauki. The choppy water made for a very nervous me.
Well flash forward said several years...after chillens...and we ventured there again. Still clean and clear, but this time with the aforementioned boat :) I got knocked around a bit when Jim was going full speed and it is a bit nerve wracking when you have a motor below water to worry about. Some areas can be quite shallow and you don't really know until you are upon it.

There was one spot not far from the boat launch where a bunch of boats were hanging out. Turns out it was a sand bar with the water being about waste high or so. People were hanging out, swimming, playing frisbee and enjoying refreshing beverages I'm sure. One boat even had a little table out in the water. I think we will frequent that spot again :) And this time I think I'll bring a refreshing beverage. I don't know that I'll be able to swing a table though.
Who needs a diving board??? Though I was much happier to have him do back-flips off Daddy than the front of the boat..which he also tried. Let's just say his head was much to close to the metal boat for my hearts liking!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment