Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Beach Day

On the last day that our TN girls were here, we headed to the beach. Last time they were here they loved it. Actually I just came across this picture from another time we came...I can't even believe the kids used to be that small ;*( This time it was high tide and it was crazy!! It's hard to do the waves justice in pictures. It's just not the same, but you can get a sense of how big the waves were by the guy in the water.You can get a sense of the power of the waves from the expressions on everyone's faces in these photos.
Well, you can't see Grammie's face...but you can see she got knocked to her butt and toppled by a wave like many other people on this day.


Jenna really wanted to go in, changed her mind upon getting pummeled by the wave the instant she went in and persevered to enjoy the rest of the time in the water.It was a little too powerful for Jamie to get too far in...which is why she wondered off a little and scared the bejesus out of everyone!!!!!!! I hate the feeling of a missing child on the beach, not knowing whether they are lost or lost forever in the ocean. It truly makes me sick to my stomach. It happened to us once with Jeffrey when he was this exact age as well.He really did have fun. And he really does love his Auntie. I think he thought she was holding him back from a wave. She and Auntie Jeanne kept holding on to his shorts as he was diving into the waves to make sure he didn't get taken away. He promptly returned the favor by punching at them under water :) I, of course, was trying to look good while watching to make sure no one got carried away by a wave, which is why I didn't see Jamie wandering off...
Though...I think I get points for leaving my pocketbook in the car this time and not bringing it to the beach. (I couldn't find that picture for the life of me)

No comments: