Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sold!

Finally, after much procrastination and down to the last minute, I found a new van. New to me anyway. I vow to never actually buy a new car knowing that they loose thousands of dollars in value once you leave the lot.

This one is a year older than the one I originally wanted, but has 8,000 less miles. It also only has 7 seats, which is what we have. The other one had three seats in the second row. We didn't really need the 8th seat, but it did fold down to make a little table between the two seats. Bottom line, this dealer went down to the price I wanted to be at. The other one was still $1,700 away. So they lost out. It really didn't take us much time to make the deal either, I'd say about 15 minutes if that. I guess there is an advantage to coming in two days before the end of the month.
They are taking my van in for a trade, which isn't much, but I don't have to deal with selling it. Especially knowing the work that needs to be done. Don't get me wrong. I loved my van. But the fixes needed were expensive.
Though wouldn't you know...two years ago they told me my coolant lines that run along the bottom to the back were rusting and needed replacing to the tune of $500. I put that off. I had other things to do with $500. Today, a day after signing on a new van and a day before I need to trade this one in, a whole finally made its way through the rust. Antifreeze everywhere...except in the car. Thank goodness I have a resourceful husband who came up with a little fix to get me through the day tomorrow and to pick up the van tomorrow night. I hope...pending me getting the bank run in and registration done after work. Please let the town hall me my friend tomorrow.

No comments: