Sunday, November 22, 2009

Car shopping

Those of you who know me and find me a bit aggressive in personality would be surprised to know that I hate car shopping. I hate anything that has to do with bargain hunting. I avoid flea markets because I am not comfortable with the price haggling, that and the people drinking beer at 1o am with their donuts in wife beaters, without bras.

It is time for a new car. Mine is rusting more each day, all around the gas cap as well as underneath. Two years ago they told me the undercarriage coolant lines were starting to rust. I can only imagine what they look like now. Night time is a bit treacherous since my headlights are so cloudy not much light actually gets through. The worse part is that my blower is not working. It wasn't too big of a deal until the damn frost had to come. I have to whack it with the kids vitamin bottle to get it going. (you'd think that was enough to remind me to give them their vitamins....hasn't happened) The last thing I have in the morning is time to wait for the windshield to clear enough to see.

I have put it off and put it off. Now with the holiday looming, I literally have a handful of days before I am up a creek without a registered, inspected vehicle. On most days I couldn't even decide what I wanted, another minivan or a car. I haven't had a car payment in almost two years...and I am not looking forward to another one.

Today we went looking and this is what I am looking at. The Toyota Sienna. I was first thinking about the Odyssey, But I like the shape of the Sienna better. Oh, did I mention my parameters are pretty strict...right price, looks good. Jim is beside himself about my lack of certainty. I will never get the car I would really like, unless we were rich and it was a third car. Because an Eclipse is really not a family car nor in my price range.

Things I loved about the Sienna.

  • nice ride
  • stow and go third row seating
  • deep back if seats are up
  • 8 seats
  • three separate seats in the second row that each recline independently
  • two side sliding doors
  • windows go down in the side doors, so cool
  • cd player...I have a tape player
  • middle seat in second row folds to make a little table with cup holders
  • the color was cute too

Thing I didn't love....$20,000 price tag! (Bottom line price)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Oh will you just get it. You have exactly 8 days till you don't have a registered, inspected car. Be your normal aggresive self and tell them I'm not paying more than $18,000.

Whiting Clan said...

im with Chris..!
& once you get it you will never understand what took you so long!