Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fashionista

I always thought Joshua was the obsessive one. But Jacob is giving him a run for his money. The kids loves his dirt bikes and four wheelers. He sits at the table for hours drawing them, cutting them out of magazines and making pictures with the cutouts. He has practiced making posters for Hundred Day and keeps asking me to write a note to his teacher to make sure he will get to do it for school.

This week he wanted to take it one step further. Last Father's Day I had them each draw a picture and we made shirts for JIm. They each had a truck of course and kept waiting for each or theirs to be worn. Well Jacob wanted to make his own shirt. He thought we could just tape or glue the pictures on to a shirt. I figured at $3.50 for the shirt, we could do it. It was the transfer that end up costing the money, $15. for five sheets. Which is fine unless you screw up...and like I'm not gonna screw up. Luckily I had a staples rewards coupon so the first pack was 'free'. I tell you, this was no easy project and took all of us to do. Auntie did the ironing, mom did the scanning, printing and cutting (all those damn four wheelers and dirt bikes) and we needed Jacob's little fingernails to peel that G-damn paper off the back of the transfer. Joshua made one too, but his went on to day two...screw up that I mentioned would happen. I took a picture of his too, but forgot to download it. I will add it in when I do.

I'm sure Jacob would take orders if anyone needed a Christmas present idea :)


2 comments:

Chris said...

Too cute. He was so proud of his creation. :)

Michelle said...

What a clever creation...I love it!!!