I use to love getting the boys ready for Halloween, when they were younger. You know, before they had opinions and told me what they wanted to be. I liked it much better when I could gently prod them in my direction. I enjoyed making Jacob's costumes the last couple of years and took pride in the outcome. Now I'm 'out of business' as they are both into scarier stuff.
Joshua as Bob the builder.

Joshua the army man...two years in a row. We actually watched a home video not to long ago of him practicing putting on his face make up. It consisted of 10 minutes of him brushing the same spot on his face with a miniscule brush....and the cutest little voice ever!

My first costume...Jacob went as the cutest cow ever.

Jacob was so easy this year. Going through the aisles he just wanted a hat. I took the hat (saved me money) and went with it. These cheap black sweat suits go a long way in the costume making world. Joshua on the other hand was soooooooooo indecisive. This was his start into the scary stuff.

I knew this would be my last year making Jacob a costume. He really wanted a scary one but I told him he was too young. I didn't let Joshua have one in kindergarden either. I kept this costume and it is in my Halloween decoration box. I'm hoping someone will get to use it again. Michelle, let me know if you want Christian to be a scarecrow. It was a large 4T :)

Black,

and more black. Jacob wanted to be Evil Canevil this year...which is totally him, but really wanted to ride a scooter to complete his costume. I told him it isn't really safe with so many kids around, so he settled for a dirt bike rider. We saw a costume at Walmart and it was so cheap, plastic mask and plastic suit. I told him if he wanted to be a dirt bike rider, his stuff was much cooler.

I'm guessing next year I'll have two kids with black robes, scary faces and a bucket of candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment