I just finished my first cold turkey, stuffing and cranberry sandwich. You've got to love it! That is the great thing about cooking at home for Thanksgiving-leftovers. And with the invention of the dishwasher, the clean up isn't that bad either. I got the turkey in the oven on time with Jim's help. I had him find all of the surprises in the turkey (which we saved for Auntie) and clean it out as I got the stuffing ready. I like to jazz up the Stove Top with some onions, mushrooms and ground pork. Thank God for the little popper upper. No guessing when it was done, well kind of. At least it didn't have a ton of meat thermometer holes in it.
After dessert we headed over to Jim's Uncle Paul's house. He and his son-in-law put on an extravagant light display and they kick it off on Thanksgiving night. They have their own website and usually collect for different charity each year. It is quite a commitment. Because it is so well known and extensive, someone has to be out there every night. As you can imagine in this day and age, people help themselves and walk right onto their lawn to explore if they don't. That's all they would need...an electrocuted corpse as part of the display. Jim's Uncle Paul is a California transplant. I'm pretty sure he spent most of his life in the warm climate. Now every other day from Thanksgiving to Christmas he is out in the frigid temperatures. No wonder he already has his Florida vacation planned for January.
Right now the boys are playing with early Christmas presents. Auntie Jackie came out for the holiday and wanted to bring them shopping for their Christmas gifts. I'm getting a hint of the quiet that we will experience that comes with the excitement of new toys to explore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Glad you had a good Turkey day and are enjoying the left overs. I actually didn't have ant turkey yesterday. :) So the boys went shoppg with Jackie huh? Bet that was an experience!! :) I need some hints as what the boys want for Christmas. I was just telling Dustin tonight that we need to see Uncle Paul's light in person someday...I bet it's a great sight!
Post a Comment