Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mom, Someone moved my De-Rocker

Yes, there is some new lingo in our house lately. Words like shocks, suspension and trailers have been replaced by de-rocker, sleuce boxes and Parker Schnarbel. Friday nights in our house are reserved for the show Gold Rush on Discovery after we settle in from basketball practices. It is a show that follows three groups of men  in their quest for gold in Alaska.

One day I was cleaning up all the toys all over the livingroom, moving what appeared to be a matchbox car plastic case with a few small lego bits in it. Later Jacob came up to me. "Mom, someone moved my de-rocker and I can't find my gold!"

And today I sent Joshua out with a grease drippings catch plate because he needed something to pan gold with for the stream in the woods.

Even Jim has already looked up rivers to pan for gold in NH.

So next Friday is the season finale. Joshua said, "Mom, what is Friday night going to be like without anymore Gold Rush?"

Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle

1 comment:

Kristi said...

OMG too cute! Did you miss any of the season? I have watched a few but not sure if this is the first season or not. You could buy the season or previous ones on DVD! Friday night gold rush could continue. :)