Sunday, January 8, 2012

Continuing with the theme

With the boys loving hockey and playing inside and out Jim wanted to take them ice skating to shoot some pucks around. We found a very shallow pond that was frozen and headed out with the two pairs of skates we had for the boys. An old pair someone had given Jeffrey, a size too big for Jacob and my dad's skates, a size or so too big for Joshua. Jeffrey exchanged his rollerblades we got him for Christmas since he already had bought some and got ice skates instead. It was a gorgeous day, almost 50...Jan. 7th.

Jim took the opportunity to remind Jeffrey he's never too old for his dad to put him over his knee shoulder :) Can't walk with skates in the dirt now, it will dull the blade :)
 No skates for daddy (the mice got to his) but that didn't keep him down.

 Daddy makes a good goalie...who doesn't want to shoot hard objects quickly at their dad?
 Owweee, "Didn't anyone see me fall?"
 Peeps before us had dug several holes out on to the ice to make sure it was frozen through. Funny enough though the water in the hole wasn't??
 Practice fights. "You wanna go?"



 Oops, daddy fell and I was prepared.
 The expression oh this face is a bit different than the last tummy plant on the ice.
 Skating and texting...isn't there a law against that???
 Me and my cute shoes stayed on the side. My feet kept freezing to the ice though since it was melting a little, hence the wet pant legs. I'm not really a fan of falling and I wasn't quite confident in the ice thickness. I can rollerblade a lot better than ice skate...but this winter I'm sure.
 This boys loves skating and playing hockey.
Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love the pics. They look like they are having a blast!!