Monday, August 22, 2011

JT turns 10

This year we had a quiet little celebration for Joshua's birthday. I made him this fun little cake which I totally stole the idea for. I saw one decorated similarly on FB and my niece had one like this on the inside. It was one layer cake and one layer ice cream...YUM-O.
 I would have to imagine that his wish in some way involved four wheelers. One because he is his father's son and two because his little brother's machine is faster than his.
 Jacob just loves buying birthday presents for people that he likes. I think on this day he even bought himself a car while shopping. He just can't help himself.
 This is pretty much what Joshua has wanted forever. He has been saving his money to buy some, which was a slow process since his teeth aren't falling out as often as they used to, and they haven't really been doing any chores. (which is in part due to the fact that I am too lazy to put a list together)
Yes, more Zigs. You may remember a while ago he was saving for some and settled for the black and white high tops because they didn't have these. But these were always on his mind and in his heart.
 With that said, he loves them so much he hasn't even worn them in fear of getting them dirty or ruined. The way he grows they will be too small before he gets much wear out of them. Did I mention they are a size 9 in mens!

I totally remember when this boy looked like this.
 Every once in a while we bring out the home videos and I get to hear his little voice and it just melts my heart and puts a lump in my throat. It is also a reminder that I haven't videoed to capture the last several years, which I really should.

Here he was painting himself to be the Hulk...on Auntie's watch I mind you.
 God, now he barely fits on the whole length of the couch.
Thanks for visiting ♥ Michelle

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ah, looks like a great day!!! And I haveto admit that those shoes are pretty cool!!! I tried to find some like that in pink for the gym, but of course no luck when I actually needed them. ;)