Even though I've been knocking on wood when I comment how Joshua hasn't been sick yet, he got sick. Usually it happens by November so we did good this year. Unfortunately he happened to get sick during the AllStar Basketball Weekend. The poor kid gets it so violently. For him the worse part is the incesant dry heaving and not being able to drink for hours upon hours since he throws up and sucks off ice cubes, and for me it is the hallucinating.
He says crazy things when he is sick, mostly when he is sleeping or just waking up. It frightens me because I think he is going psychotic. He doesn't even have a super high temp when it happens.
Quotes heard during this illness.
Daddy- "Joshua, do you want me to turn up the TV?
Joshua- "No, I don't want to break the screen."
Daddy- "Joshua, do you want some sips of water?"
Joshua- "No, it's chunky. I like it when it is smooth so it tastes better on the other side."
The second night he was sick, he woke up several times talking about how he could get one more car in the parking lot and using his hand to demonstrate where to moves the cars on my comforter. I always wake right up when he starts because I am afraid he is going to get up and walk. There have been times when we are still up and he has walked down and sat on the couch without saying anything, at like 11 o'clock at night.
Today he is back to normal and I am grateful :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment