Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unofficial Start To Summer

Fun at the camp is in full swing. This weekend was pure heaven, beautiful weather, boys swimming and splashing and we discovered that we do actually get one channel. We went from three (of of which was PBS and another was scrambled) to no channels last summer. But this year with the wiggle of the wires and a few prayers to Jesus, who still is hanging on the wall (and makes eye contact with you no matter where you stand in the camp) we are getting one channel...and it's ABC...yaaaa.

Jim has been dying to buy a dock for the camp but I'm trying to keep him reigned it. Don't laugh too hard Auntie. This weekend he started to build one with some lumber that has been sitting on the porch for a good 15 years.

The beginning.....The middle with a couple of helpers.....And the end product.Just perfect for tying the boats up out of the way, jumping off of, and laying out on if I have my way!!! The boys wasted no time testing it out, and I think they like it!!!

On a side note....I'm a barefoot girl. From Friday night's arrival until Sunday's departure unless we have to go into town. But, as bad as the pollen has been...that's how bad the pitch is from the gigantic pine trees around.
What the heck am I supposed to do with this crap? I even had to sleep with socks, which I hate, just to avoid getting it on the sheets. Boo Hoo!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

He did a great job! Looks like it's gonna get lots of use! :)