My husband the Craig's List junky recently traded his snow mobile (his mean wife wouldn't let him simply buy one) for an aluminum fishing boat, similar the one that is at the camp but with a bit of a stronger motor. He's been chomping at the bit to test it out on some waters. We brought it to the river and to the camp. He really wants to go to Lake Umbagog to explore.
This weekend we went to Lake Winnepesauke with it. It sounded like a good idea. We have rented a boat on Winn. before though, and I remember it being nerveracking. First of all it is HUGE and second of all there are all these colored buoys and 'rules' that you need to be aware of. On top of that, the boats on the lake are also HUGE. At least 4 times the size of our boat.
Big boats=big waves. Big waves=scary moments. Luckily we were either docked or far away when this boat came by.

This is the Mt. Washington cruise boat. I've always wanted to do the dinner cruise...hasn't happened thus far.
It was kind of cool because there are some public docks that you can 'park' at and get out to go find food. We happened to stop at Wiers Beach for lunch. Oh yeah...it was the start of biker week. The entire area was crawling with bikes, bikers, leather, t-shirts, shades all for sale...luckily though no boobs :) We decided to eat on the boat anyway.
Joshua was so embarrassed as we were walking along looking down at the boats at the docks. He said, "our boat is the smallest boat there". I had to remind him that no one would know that if he didn't call it out on the pier.








1 comment:
I have to admit that I think it was a good trade. I think that the boys will get lots of fun use out of that boat! :)
Post a Comment