Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Friend

I'm a bit hesitant to post these pictures. I'm afraid my swimming across the pond partners won't be so willing once they see them. Heck, I think I'll be thinking twice about it :)


When Jeffrey was young and he was our only little tike, we used to go out on the canoe when it was pitch dark to catch bull frogs. They use to almost float on the top of the water and would be mesmorized by the flashlights so we could catch them. You do know that when I say "we", I do not mean me!!!


Well, times have changed and two kids later, I'm usually ready for bed before we would even go out on the canoe :) This past weekend, Jeffrey invited his cousin up. When we arrived (late), they took the canoe across to where we lovingly refer to as 'the cove' or 'frog pond'. It is a little inlet with lots of muck and prime bull frog territory. Not too mention leaches. Anyway, this is what he came back with...

That's one ugly critter...and the biggest one I've ever seen in the pond!!!

On a happier note, when I was shopping for weekend nourishment, I came across these spice drops. Not something that usually ends up in my cart, even when I'm on a junk food run. But this really was about the memories attached to it and less about the actual gum drops. My grandpa always used to have these in the candy dish at the camp. This is the same candy dish too. It's contents would alternate between spice drops and M&M's (for my dad). Just for the record, my favorites are the purple and orange :)

And even though part of the weekend was a little wet, let's say, there was a rainbow in between to help us see the positive.

No comments: