Last weekend was the annual ATV Rodeo that we go to in Northern NH. The boys love to go to watch the mud runs and always hold out hope that there will be a kids pit someday. The kid events they have are pretty lame and are usually over by the time we get there. The boys did get to participate in the radar run. It is a straight run that you go all out on and have your speed read by the radar gun. I was concerned about them knowing when to stop so we showed them the sign that was where they should slow down. I think Joshua slowed down too early because he got clocked at 21 mph and Jacob got 26 mph...I'm thinking Joshua thinks they need to switch machines.
I'm thinking before we know it, the boys will be a part of this club...hopefully the hats are not a prerequisite.

In the past the pits have been largely water. Last year it was mud and a rounded path instead of straight. Jim did it last year not avoided it this year since it cost him some money to fix the damage from the mud getting in everywhere. Kind of like when you go to the beach and find sand in crevaces you didn't know you had.

Some brave girls tried it too.
Many of them needed assistance getting out...not just the girls by the way.
This is the boys as we were getting ready to go ride on the trails there.
PS- The moon looked really cool when we got to the camp. Any tips on how to capture the beauty on camera because this really doesn't do it justice. I tried the night landscape setting but that didn't do much.
Many of them needed assistance getting out...not just the girls by the way.
This is the boys as we were getting ready to go ride on the trails there.
PS- The moon looked really cool when we got to the camp. Any tips on how to capture the beauty on camera because this really doesn't do it justice. I tried the night landscape setting but that didn't do much.






No comments:
Post a Comment