Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Heart attack...please and thank you

Two weekends ago Jim and I took two vehicles to the camp...and therefore two on the way home. The boys wanted to ride home with Jim and I needed to get back to get ready for Joshua's party. Jim said they were going to stop at the Franconia Notch Boulder fields on the way home. I wasn't thrilled because they are scary as heck. We have done them with Jeffrey when he was younger but I have avoided them up until now with the boys especially since they can be impulsive in their movements. The last thing I want to do is watch my kids plummet off a boulder or into a 20 feet crevace. I prayed for rain on the way home since the skies were ominous and it was pouring by the time we got to the notches. PHEW!

Not so lucky this weekend...Jim said something sassy to me (Of course I can't remember what it was) and so I retorted..."that's ok, I didn't secretly wish for rain last weekend on the way home either". So what do you think we did on the way home??? Right when we pulled in it started sprinkling. Jim said, "you've got to be kidding me", "the rain won't come through the trees anyway".

So we climbed the trail to the boulder field line (that was the good thing about the rain, it made the rocks slippery and we didn't climb on them, just up to them).

And yes...the rain did get through the trees :)

And every muscle has been hurting since then!

No comments: