Thursday, June 25, 2009

A nice day...finally

After many days of gloom and rain, we had sun. I saw it in the forecast and it just happened to be Auntie's day of too...so a plan was made...BEACH!

They had the annual sand castles so we peeked at those first.
Jonathan and Nicholas came too.The ocean was crazy today. Tons of waves...wild...and cold. Jacob contemplated going in, but was not having it. He left that to the big boys. He saw it was rough and he doesn't like to get knocked over.





We went for a walk down the beach to the jetty where the boys like to look for crabs. We left with grey cloudy sky and walked back in sunny blue skies. Joshua and I have the redness to show for it. We put sunscreen on as soon as we got back, but I think it was too late. Jacob collected lots of treasures along the way.We saw a couple of people get knocked off the jetty by waves crashing in to it like these. They came back scraped up, hustling for safety.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm jealous, but glad you had fun. Those sand castles are amazing!!!